Help us to share skills, unlock potential and save lives.
Through your generous support, we've now crowdfunded the build of Tanzania's First Ladies Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop in Mwanza, with enough money to spare for tools too. The workshop will soon be ready for its first batch of apprentices. This is great, but...things have evolved and we urgently need to ask for your help again.
We've been asked to help fix and run 4 broken down motorcycle ambulances in our neighbouring district, Sengerema. We always knew that there was great need, given that 700,000 people live there, currently served by just 1 ambulance that is often unavailable. Then this happened...Claire explains all in this 3 minute video, which we'd love for you to watch.
We need to raise £3,500 to run a 60 day pilot project with 1 motorcycle, enabling us to learn as much as possible about operating this project in Sengerema before scaling up. This £3,500 budget will cover the costs of the following:
- refurbishing 1 eRanger motorcycle (we don't think we need to buy them to make this project work) with genuine spare parts
- recruiting, completely training and providing the salaries for 2 riders to enable us to run this service both day and night for 60 days.
- building a simple shelter to protect the eRanger from rain and sun
- a nightguard
- fuel for the emergency eRanger rideouts, expected around 120 over the period
- transport for the riders to get to Sengerema each day
- basic costs for Claire to supervise this project (her time is given on a pro bono basis for the pilot)
Can you help us?
£29 would cover the all-in cost of bringing one emergency patient to the District Hospital
£100 would pay for First Aid training for 2 riders
£200 would cover the fuel bill for the duration of the pilot
To make a donation, please CLICK HERE
or to find out more about our projects, latest news and vlogs, please explore this website. Thank you.